- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Byredo Mister MarvelousIngredients
Byredo Mister Marvelous Eau de Parfum is a symbol of a modern man whose complexity is reflected in the bottle of this iconic fragrance. A masculine composition departs from the traditional take on an aftershave and boldly treads new territories.
- fresh fragrance with citrus notes
- for a modern man
- suitable for special occasions as well as everyday wear
Composition of the fragrance
Mister Marvelous is built on typical masculine notes such as lavender and cedar wood. These are accompanied by delicate neroli and green, dewy bamboo, subverting the traditional idea of a fragrance for men. Oil from citrus leaves provides freshness, and woody notes with amber come together in an elegant drydown.
Story of the fragrance
Mister Marvelous Eau de Parfum is a celebration of the world-renowned hair stylist Christiaan Houtenbos. This master hairdresser became famous especially thanks to his bob haircuts and his unusual take on a classic plait which he created for a fashion show of respected designer Rei Kawakubo. The name of the fragrance is a play on words, reflecting the word that the French post-revolutionary dandies used for their equally exceptional female companions – “Les Merveilleuses” or “marvelous”.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Orange Leaf, Neroli
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Amber, Cedar
- Fragrance category
- aromatic, woody
About the brand Byredo
Byredo, a Swedish brand of distinctive niche perfumes, is the brainchild of the highly unique Ben Gorham, the son of an Indian mother and a Canadian father. Growing up in Toronto, New York, and Stockholm, he studied art, but a chance meeting with perfumer Pierre Wulff convinced him to focus on creating fragrances instead of painting.
He was inspired by memories of a trip to his mother’s hometown in India, where he discovered a love for the aroma of spices and incense. He linked these oriental scents with Nordic minimalism and, with the motto “less is sometimes more”, he captures his Scandinavian roots. In 2006, he founded one of the most progressive niche perfume brands today.
Diptyque fragrances are distinguished by pure and simple compositions that perfectly highlight individual ingredients. Byredo perfumes are as exceptional as their creator. Envelop yourself in modern, minimalist, yet distinctive fragrances.