- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Creed HimalayaIngredients
The Creed Himalaya Eau de Parfum provides its wearer with profound crystal-clear freshness and helps to emphasise his masculine side.
- a niche woody fragrance with citrus accords
- for lovers of layered fragrances with hidden depths
- ideal for daytime and evening wear, all the year round
Composition of the fragrance
It is the fresh citrus accords that introduce us to the top notes of this fragrance. They are composed of grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot, tangerine and Sicilian lemon. The heart of the Eau de Parfum is comprised of manly vetiver, nutmeg, gunpowder and pepper and woody notes. The base notes include sensuous musk, tonka beans and rare ambergris.
The overall aroma, which combines the dominant citrus and woody aspects with surprising balsamic and powdery attributes, can best be described as a sparklingly clear fragrance characterised by an uplifting freshness.
Story of the fragrance
The Himalaya Eau de Parfum is one of Creed’s treasured jewels. It is the result of a joint effort on the part of Olivier Creed, a top perfumer from the sixth dynasty of the Creed family, and Erwin Creed, from the seventh generation. The inspiration behind the creation of this fragrance was a rock-climbing expedition to Tibet. Creed Himalaya captures the grandiosity, beauty, power and immortality of unreachable cliffs with snow-covered summits. The beautiful metallic flacon itself also resembles the radiant frozen surface of the Himalayan mountains.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Tangerine, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lemon
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Gunpowder, Pink Pepper, Cedar Wood, Vetiver, Pepper, Nutmeg, Sandalwood
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Tonka Beans, Ambergris, Musk
- Fragrance category
- oriental, woody
About the brand Creed
Creed fragrances | Creed is the king of perfume and the perfume of kings. For more than 250 years, the brand has been creating extraordinary fragrances for royal families and other customers of exquisite taste. The company was founded in 1760 by James Henry Creed and has been helmed by the family ever since.
Creed’s history is truly unique. Over the years, the perfume house has designed fragrances for many people of note including Queen Victoria, the emperor Franz Josef, Winston Churchill or JFK. These days, Creed is mostly known for its classic masculine fragrances that are favourited by celebrities like Robert De Niro or Sylvester Stallone.
But Creed still remains the perfume brand of royals and presidents (it’s a well known fact that both Michelle Obama and the Duchess of Cambridge wear Creed perfumes). The company now resides in France and operates in other countries including the US. In keeping with the long tradition, Creed still uses many of the old distilling methods and chooses the ingredients carefully to only include the very best that is available.
Creed’s fragrances are divided into categories for women and for men, but there are unisex perfumes as well. Among Creed’s most popular fragrances are Green Irish Tweed, a classic fougère created in 1985 by Olivier Creed, and Creed Aventus, inspired by the life of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Whichever Creed perfume you choose, you’ll get timeless beauty and a modern approach to traditional methods and values.