- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Amouage EpicIngredients
Embark on an audacious journey from China to Arabia. Amouage Epic Eau de Parfum for men was inspired by the legends of the Silk Road which used to connect these two countries. Discover the fascinating exotic notes of rare ingredients and leave behind an unforgettable trail, so similar to the ancient road that facilitated the trade of rare and luxurious merchandise.
- oriental and woody fragrance with a hint of smokiness
- perfect for all mature men
- suitable for evening and special occasions
Story of the fragrance
First you’ll recognise the spicy aroma of little market stalls where merchants sell cardamon, caraway, rare saffron, nutmeg, pungent pink pepper and balsamic myrtle and frankincense. The note of sacred myrrh that follows them reminds you of a quiet moment of rest by an ancient temple. In the evening, when the desert bathes in darkness and the temperature finally drops, the drydown comes in with woody notes of leather, cedar wood, musk and sandalwood to warm you up.
Story of the fragrance
Amouage Epic was introduced in 2009 and comes in a luxury green bottle reminiscent of a mystical precious stone. The design of the box reflects the opulent style of an expensive luggage made of real leather. This Eau de Parfum was inspired by the idea of materialising and preserving the legends of the oldest merchant trail in the world.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Frankincense, Saffron, Pink Pepper, Cardamom, Mace, Cumin, Myrtle, Nutmeg
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Frankincense, Patchouli, Castroneum, Agar Wood, Cedar, Musk, Leather, Sandalwood
- Fragrance category
- oriental, woody
About the brand Amouage
The sumptuous scent of Amouage is characterised by its uniqueness and its totally distinctive elegance. The independent brand with luxury niche perfumes now has its headquarters in London, but its roots reach into the depths of the Middle East.
Amouage draws inspiration from the rich and varied heritage of its place of origin – the Sultanate of Oman. The brand was founded in 1983 by His Excellency Sayyid Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, a member of the Omani royal family, on the basis of his decision to revive the glory of Arabian fragrances. The brand’s philosophy is to create perfumes with truly artistic value. Amouage strictly selects only the finest exotic ingredients, including silver incense from Oman, the unique Oman rose and myrrh.
Amouage’s niche perfumes are put together in Grasse, Southern France, which is considered the global capital of perfumes, thus providing a guarantee of the highest standards. The perfumes then travel to Oman for production, where the maceration of the ingredients takes about two months. To finish, all the Amouage perfumes undergo the highest quality checks and are packaged almost exclusively by hand.